Nurses have the right to:
- Speak their mind
- Have a reasonable and fair assignment
- Complete work assigned
- Paid more for higher acuity patients
- Go home feeling like they did a good job
- Feel part of the team.
- Not be pushed to work overtime because there is no one else.
- Not to be made to feel that they can’t call in sick when they’re really ill.
- Adequate staffing so everyone has time to do everything each patient requires including psycho-social support.
- Be respected by patients, their families, co-workers, management, administration, physicians and other health care providers.
- Be acknowledged for doing a good job.
- A fair schedule with an equal number of holidays and weekends compared to co-workers.
- Not be hurt by a patient.
- Be supported after a difficult shift.
- Have time to document care provided.
- Refuse to be floated to an unfamiliar unit.
Would you like to have a print copy of the bill of rights? Optin below for your very own copy.
© Empowered Nurses 2013